A special "Heigh-Ho" from Kermit the Blog...oops...Kermit the Frog!

Monday, October 1, 2007

THING 1 -- Welcome to My Blah Blah Blog!

I've accomplished Thing 1!! I've set up a blog!! This is all part of Skokie Public Library's "10 Things" initiative for staff. I really do believe EVERYONE who calls a library their workplace should be aware of all the advances in information technology, so I must applaud all the hard work that went into planning and coordinating this initiative. I actually set up a blog on another hosting site a few years back and I only posted once...so you can expect that my blogging tenure will be vast and impressive!! Heh...this time I will post at least 10 times, making me a bloggin' fool in my book.

I do read many blogs. Some are work-related, others are entertainment-related, and some are just personal blogs of friends and friends of friends.

Speaking of personal blogs:
While my friends say I wear my heart on my sleeve, I will not wear my heart on my computer screen, so I am not going to share too much personal stuff. BUT, I will be sharing my progress with the "10 Things." Who knows, I MAY pepper this blog with other trivialities (e.g., favorite Web sites, dorky quizzes, or even poor attempts on social commentary). "MAY" is the key word. I look forward to seeing where all this goes.

Until Thing 2 (or Thing 1.1.)
Mandy

1 comment:

Tom Johanson said...

I love the breakthrough graphic -- friendly, welcoming, and virtually universal. Who doesn't regard Kermit as a personal green friend? --T.