A special "Heigh-Ho" from Kermit the Blog...oops...Kermit the Frog!

Friday, October 5, 2007

THING 2.1

I have added five RSS feeds to the side of this page:

AP Top Strange News -- The headlines alone are entertainment with these strange-but-true stories. My father has always been fond of bizarre news stories, so I guess it's in the genes. Check out the other AP news feeds as well; I subscribe to general news and entertainment. I volunteered with the Associated Press in college, so I guess I am a little biased.

Library Stuff -- I felt the need to have one library-related feed on the page. Library Stuff is good, but I may change it if someone suggests a better site. (ANYONE? ANYONE?) Many of the blogs I read also have a connection to libraries, so I should see what they suggest as well.

The Muppet Newsflash -- The Muppets are truly a huge part of my life (and also part of the reason I am still single). I definitely need to be up-to-date! I also visit Muppet Central and the Muppet Wiki, as well as some Muppet blogs. Just call me "Mandy Henson."

TMZ.com -- TMZ is by far my favorite celebrity information site. I don't know if gossip is the right word, as there are many videos and interviews. It's just a great link to the pop culture world. I also visit two less politically correct sites -- Perez Hilton (for true gossip) and Best Week Ever (for pop culture humor). The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) also has a nice page devoted to the latest in entertainment news. Lastly, People magazine...I can't go a day without checking the site, just as I can't go a week without reading the actual magazine!

TV Shows on DVD -- This site keeps me informed as to the latest television DVD releases. I grew up on 70's and 80's sitcoms and watching old episodes is still my No. 1 stress reliever. This site gave me a heads-up when classics like "Taxi," "Welcome Back, Kotter," "One Day at a Time," "Mork & Mindy," and "Bosom Buddies" were coming out. It also has helped me pinpoint release dates for various anthologies, mini-series, variety shows, and the like. Lesser-known favorites -- "Alias Smith and Jones," "Mission Magic," "Tanner '88," "The Littles," and "Red Dwarf" -- are also listed. According to the site, the first season of "The Love Boat" might be sailing our way in 2008...let's keep our fingers crossed that it includes the two original made-for-TV movies...I loved watching those because they made you appreciate the show's actual cast.

OK, I ended up subscribing to a total of 20 feeds so far...this can be addicting. However, because I surf these sites regularly, it may be a helpful addiction (hmmm...are there any helpful addictions...this would make good fodder for my comments section). I am not going to post feeds for the rest of these sites, but I plan to add links to the Web sites at some point. I promise there will be some more serious sites...just based on this post, I seem like a very trivial person...I hope you all know it's a front...ha!

No comments: